Friday, September 30, 2005

Change of pace

Since I'm an admitted Scorsese junkie, I think it would be appropriate to post this. I came across his top 10 of the 90s today, and thought he had some interesting choices on there:

1. Horse Thief
2. The Thin Red Line
3. A Borrowed Life
4. Eyes Wide Shut
5. Bad Lieutenant
6. Breaking The Waves
7. Bottle Rocket
8. Crash
9. Fargo
10. Malcolm X / Heat

I haven't seen the two Chinese films, but I would also have The Thin Red Line, Bottle Rocket, and Bad Lieutenant on my list. And Breaking the Waves and Fargo are great films. I didn't care for Crash.

6 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Nate said...

I remember watching this special on Roger Ebert's show during that brief period where he was looking for another partner. The two films that appeared on both of their lists were Breaking the Waves and Fargo.

I thought Scorsese cheated a little by putting an obscure Chinese film at #1, especially since it was released in the eighties and not the nineties. (Maybe a revival showing?)

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger KAMN! said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger KAMN! said...

crash? is he joking me, or do i actually have to go see that? which would be unfortunate, b/c i don't have $14.50 right now.

amaz0rs to see bottle rocket on such a list.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger KAMN! said...

just try and guess what i said. before i DELETED it. it was obscene...and insulting.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger William said...

No it gets worse- he's talking about Cronenberg's Crash, which is one film I don't recommend you ever seeing.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger KAMN! said...

ah yes, i'm familiar. auto erotic, one might say. HAW HAW HAW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home